11/9/21-Virtual Business Meeting Minutes

Iron Bog Meeting Minutes


The SCA Harassment and Bullying Policy was posted and read by the Baronial Seneschal.


·       Looking for a replacement.

·       Plans to reach out to all the officers to see if they are interested in continuing their positions so that he can be planning ahead.

Baronial Seat-Aibhilin and Declan

·       We have new heirs who are from the Southern Region.

·       We would be very interested in holding the Baronial Birthday event in March, and would like some to run it.


·       We have money, my quarterly report is late due to not being able to get the statements from Molly. As soon as I get the statements I’ll turn in the report.


·       Nothing new to report.

Knight Marshal-Sterling

·       Happy to report that I have not had to do any paperwork.  Practice is still available. As the weather gets colder,I  know that more and more practice will be canceled.   My hope is that when the spring comes again that the fencers will join the heavies on Sunday’s.

·       I would welcome inquiries about being the Knight Marshal with the possibility of someone taking over the position.  Heck it is real easy current;y with very little attendance. 

·       Should you have questions or know someone that could use some help in heavy weapons combat please send a note or two and I will try to help.

·       As a Barony — Have we decided NOT to hold indoor events? Are we still going on that 6 months before the event can be held? 

Fence Marshall-Taka

·       Nothing new to report.

Company Captain of the Archers-Eoin

·       Aibhilin had previously sent an email to Aaron, Southern Regional Archery Commander and Eoin, and tonight emailed him and Regna (Alicia) to connect Aaron and Alicia.

·       From Eoin in August, 2021

Greetings to the Gentles of Iron Bog,

I have spent a number of years as your Company Captain of Archers, but at this time I do not plan to put my name in again when my term expires. I will be happy to store the archery gear that belongs to the Barony for a time, but I will be asking the Barony to look for a place to store it permanently. 

Yours In Service,

Lord Eoin Dubh

Company Captain of Archers

Mistress of the Lists- Sterling

·       Yup there is paper work that allows you to play on the field … 

·       No new updates

Mistress of A&S-Wentlyanna

·       We have not had any gatherings to do A&S.

·       There are A&S competitions at a number of upcoming events.

o   Novice Day at 100 minutes War (11/20)

o   Bhakail Yule (12/11)

 *they are also holding a largess challenge that we could put together a basket for. If you have items you would like to donate, please let me know.

o   Hartshorn Dale is holding a Schola in March and is currently seeking volunteers to teach at the event.

Chatelaine: Alexis

·       Nothing to report.


·       Nothing to report.


·       Nothing to report.


·       3rd Quarter Issue went out.


·       We still have History. 

Chancellor of Youth-Fiadhnait

·       Nothing to report.

Financial Committee

·       Nothing before the committee.

Old business:

No old business

New Business:

·       Sterling-would like to hold an indoor fencing and heavy tournament on the last Saturday in January since Birka is not happening. He asked Declan to visit and talk to Total Turf in Pitman. Declan will get information for Sterling.

·       Dru volunteered to take over as Seneschal.

·       Sterling-asked about financing for a practice site. Owynn suggested providing Sterling with $800 of “seed money” to put toward an indoor practice site for heavy and fencing practice to be held on Sundays. This was voted on, and approved. He is taking into consideration location and affordability. He has some possibilities for sites; one is Cherry Hill and one in Deptford (Rastelli’s Sport Center).

·       Genevra-asked about whether the Barony is interested in holding the Birthday event and Maybe. She will reach out to Larry to see if he is interested in running the Birthday event, as she would like to cook for it. Genevra is open to running Maybe, but wants to see if anyone else would like to do it.

Motion made to adjourn and seconded.

Submitted by Baroness Aibhilin inghean Ui Phaidin

Leave a Reply