9/13/22-Virtual Business Meeting Minutes

Baronial Seat-Aibhilin and Declan

·       Several upcoming events: Ducal Challenge, River War, Coronation 10/1, Harts & Horns and Ghosts Ghouls and Goblins both 10/8, Shire Wars 10/15, Buckland Cross Rattan and Rapier Champs 10/22, EK Crown Tourney 10/29.

·       We would very much like to hold the Baronial Birthday and Baronial Bardic Champs event in 2023, late winter/early spring. Dates open on the EK Calendar: 2/25, 3/18, 4/15, 4/22 (Spring Coronation: 1st or 2nd Saturday in April, Crown Tourney: last Saturday in April or 1st Saturday in May). Baron Larry is not able to be the Event Steward as he is looking to run Investiture. Creature is not able to commit to be a liaison with the Church. Genevra will reach out to the Church directly to see if they are available. Josh has volunteered to autocrat with Sterling as his Deputy. Collin is also interested. Discussed the possibility of Josh being autocrat with Sterling and Collin as his Deputies. Aibhilin will put together all the information of what she, Larry, and Genevra had planned, and what’s already been done (eg, site tokens, feast favors, dayboard menu-Pixie, feast menu-Genevra, etc).

·       Geekfest should be on 4/8.

·       Ciaran will be picking up the Archery supplies that he needs for River War from Eoin’s house. Declan and Aibhilin will pick up the remainder of the supplies; however, we will still need some place to store all of the equipment. There are 6 L shaped target stands (a total of 12 L shaped brackets), 24 (I think) 24X48″ (approximate size) pieces of 2″ black closed cell foam, approximately 15 child size bows, 4 adult sized bows, numerous arrows, several matched sets of 6 arrows, numerous targets and approximately 50 round targets for Royal Rounds, but unmounted, numerous other miscellaneous pieces of gear.


·       Ballots due in by 10/15/22. We need 50% of ballots.

·       Dru is searching for a person in Pennsville whose ballot was returned by the USPS.

·       Katherine will follow up to see what happened.

·       Dru has heard that there will be new information coming in on masks at events.


·       We still have money. 

·       And we have roughly 170 pre-regs for River War.  If you wish to volunteer to work Troll for River War, please reach out to me directly.


·       No news other than to say that I will be prepared to herald Baronial Court at River Wars.

Knight Marshal-Sterling

·       Practice happens in the park on Sunday’s — there are some trees — there is a wide open area to play in.  The practice normally runs from 1:30 – 4:30.  Just about every week there is an attendance poll that goes up. Why mark the attendance poll mainly so you can be updated if there are any changes. Example if six people mark they are coming and suddenly a thunderstorm rolls in, those sword folks will get an update message sent to them. That person who did not say they were coming and did not see the change will show up and find no one to play with.  Attendance also helps whether or not there is practice.  IF your marshal knows that no one will be out to play/practice in the park other plans can be made.  SO PLEASE take a moment to let people know if you are coming out to practice.

·       Help needed — As the weather starts to descend into chilly air around us, finding a place to practice indoors would be wonderful. Can you lend a hand to help find a winter site?  There is a place — they want 75/per hour and would prefer us on a different day -no Sunday….Can you help find a better deal/place?

·       Help needed:  Within the next 5 months I would ask that if there is anyone willing to learn to be and become a marshal please step up. Either I will need a replacement and or I will need someone willing to fill in on Sundays that I cannot make it. I would very much rather not cancel practice because of something I want to do but in 5 months my life will be changing.  Sure without a marshal there is unofficial practice – would prefer not have that nor cancel.  Are you willing to help?

·       Currently the barony has six new fighters and one crossover.  Excellent growth.

Fence Marshall-Taka

·       Nothing new to report.

·       Practices continue on a regular basis thanks to Sterling.

·       Several events are happening this month and over the next few that have Rapier as a component, including our own. Please see the East Kingdom Event Calendar for details.

Company Captain of the Archers

Master of the Lists- Hiromasa

·       No change from the MOL side from last month’s report. 

Mistress of A&S-Wentlyanna

·       There will be a new A&S champion selected at River War.


·       I saw that we had a few new people added to the Facebook group (yay!)

·       Submitted the Chatelaine quarterly report on time.


·       There have been no changes to the Baronial inventory that I have been made aware of, please let me know of any new donations. 


·       No report.


·       No report.


·       We have history

·       We’re likely to have more since we are running an event in a week and a half.

Chancellor of Youth-Fiadhnait

·       No report.

Financial Committee

·       Nothing before the committee.

Charter Committee

Disbanded until further need arises.

Old business:

Olympic River War I-Sterling

·       Short update:

o   Three weeks out and we are looking at hitting just over 200 attendees.

o   Final Schedule will be out by wed

o   Sadly no food trucks

o   There will be coffee Saturday/Sunday morning

o   If you happen to know a merchant or two that would like to come I still have room

o   Chariot race to my dismay where removed from the actives — (it would have been a lot of fun)

o   The medals have laurel leaves on the bottom with the Eastern tyger in the center

o   Many of you have volunteered to help —- Thank you to all that are willing and able to help with the event. 

·       I am sure there will be some last minute questions and things — we will do our best to take care of whatever comes up. 

·       If you have a question please let me know …

·       The EK Brewer’s Guild and the Stationers Company would both like to hold their meetings there. There will be an embroidery class and Dru will hold a beaded flower class. Annika will do a scribal “drop in”; Aibhilin will get out the Scribal supplies that she has from Caitriona.

·       Aibhilin asked if Sterling or Katherine had reached out to the Equestrian Marshal or Kienna to see if they know and can contact our current Equestrian champion (Raelyn who was riding Spirit) to see if she is coming, and if so can bring the Regalia. If she can’t, can she send the regalia with someone?

·       Sterling showed us the site tokens and gold awards.

·       Valery-wants to know who is camping; she has 10 now.

·       Katya is looking for volunteers for Troll.

Beast of the East-Sterling

·       The event announcement is up   — ** needs minor changes**

·       Contract signed

·       Down payment for the site made

·       Staff/volunteers are needed

·       After River War event more attention will be going in to this

Getting Together:

·       Katherine has done some research on local fall events. She found a place that does bonfires with s’mores for groups. She will send out a poll to the FB group.

·       Discussed looking into going to in-person meetings with a tablet or laptop set up for people to still attend virtually. Discussed pros and cons.

New Business:

Sheet walls/Wikis

·       Some of the existing ones need TLC and some people don’t have any.

·       They would like to hold monthly workshops at their house and someplace bigger for other parts.

·       Discussed having a wiki workshop so we can help people create their wikis.

Storage challenges

·       Genevra-the kitchen bins get mice poop in them; suggested that the kitchen bins be relocated or get new bins; suggested trying to find one place to store everything.

·       Discussed that renting a storage facility is cost prohibitive for the Barony. The Barony cannot buy a shed to be stored on someone’s personal property.

·       Aibhilin suggested that we make sure to update the Chamberlain if you take possession of Baronial materials such as at the end of an event.

Motion made to adjourn and seconded.

Submitted by Baroness Aibhilin inghean Ui Phaidin

Leave a Reply