5/9/23-Virtual Iron Bog Meeting Minutes

Baronial Seat-Aibhilin and Declan

·       Today is our last business meeting as Baron and Baroness. Thank you to everyone!

·       We have a new Prince and Princess: Matthias and Feilinn.

·       We’ll be at the Roses Tournament this weekend, War of the Roses (Memorial weekend), and SRWC.

·       Saturday, 5/20 Buckland Cross is hosting their Al-Hafla event.

Their Nexecllencies:

·       Thank you to everyone who has put in work for Investiture

·       They are still looking for volunteers for retainers and the Guard including for Investiture.


·       Sterling ran the meeting in Dru’s absence.


·       Not able to attend.


·       Not able to attend.

Knight Marshal/Fence Marshal-Sterling

·       The weather is starting to settle for this time of the year. We have returned to practice on Sunday at Cooper River Par, Pennsauken, NJ 08019 (across from Bishop Views apt.) – time runs 1:30 – 4:30.

·       This practice is for both types of sword fighters.  There is also enough room if Combat archers decide to come.  *** PLEASE NOTE IF YOUR ARE A CA LOOKING TO OUT TO PRACTICE– PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN MOVE THE LOCTION TO A SAFER SPOT*****

·       Each week I still post a polling for who will be attending.  This poll can be found on Iron Bog’s Fighter Practice page on Facebook.  The attending numbers do help because if not enough people reply to come out to practice — Practice will be canceled. I prefer not to cancel practice for that reason. Please help by doing your part. Simple click.

·       Schedule:

o   5/14 Southern Army Practice — Iron Bog’s practice will change location that day

o   5/21  — Looking for substitute Marshals —- do not want to cancel

o   5/28 — Memorial Day weekend — Also looking for a volunteer to run practice  *** Note there may be a substitute practice on Monday afternoon instead, but will need to see the interest first***

·       Position: Please remember that the Knight Marshal is will to share knowledge about the position as he would love to see a different persons ideas on running the practice.

·       Help requested:

o   I would like new ideas to help make the practice better — for either sword type.

o   I would also like to know if the flyer we use for Geek fest is current up to date – and if so can I have another copy

Company Captain of the Archers

Position is vacant

Master of the Lists- Hiromasa

·       We have at least 5 MOLs to help at Investiture coming up. Need to go and get copies next week at Staples for score sheets and cards. Otherwise all good so far.

Mistress of A&S-Lorenzo and Katherine

·       In April, we had a wonderful Cooks’ Guild held at Mathilde’s home.  This month, Cooks’ Guild and Scribal will be combined on May 21 at Josh and Sandi’s house.  Scribal will start around 2:00 and Cooks’ Guild will start around 5:00.

·       Valery had an idea to do a cheese theme for Cooks’ Guild.  So, if you want, bring something cheese based, or really, anything else you would like to bring.

·       Garb is not expected for scribal or Cooks’ Guild.


·       Nothing to report


·       Nothing to report


·       Nothing to report


·       Nothing to report


·       Nothing to report

Chancellor of Youth-Fiadhnait

·       Nothing to report

Financial Committee

·       Nothing before the committee

Charter Committee

Disbanded until further need arises.

Old business:


·       There was a staff meeting last night; next meeting on Wednesday 5/17 at 7:30 on Zoom. From the staff meeting:

1.  PayPal for the event registration is up and running.  We will have our first total registration numbers at the end of this week.

2.    Gwen said that the Equestrian people will have their own MOL. She has circulated the event and PayPal information to the equestrian discussion pages and facebook.   Also, I needed to change the horse boarding fees on the webpage to $25 per day or $40 for the weekend.

3.     Hiromasa has enough MOLs lined up for the other tournaments.

4.    Katherine checked and as of today, there are no peerages scheduled for the event.

5.    The site tokens are a work in progress but will be ready in time.  The test molds have been poured but need some refining.

6.    There is a need for a volunteer to assist in parking during the start of the event to get peoples gear into the right places, and then moved back out to the parking lot.

7.    Morwill will be consulted about the rapier tournament rules and marshals.

8.    Aaron, our rattan champion, has set up the Baronial Championship rules.  They will be posted on the EK webpage. Count Viktor will be the marshal in charge.

9.    There was discussion about whether there should be A&S competition.  However, the A&S tournament usually happens at River wars.

·       If anyone is interested in becoming an Equestrian MOL and working as ground crew, reach out to Gwen.

·       Baronial Rapier and Rattan Championships will be held at Investiture

·       Discussed the possible timing of the day with morning Baronial (needs up to 1 hour) and Royal Courts, the EK Equestrian tournament (needs a minimum of 4 hours), and the afternoon Baronial and Royal Courts.

·       While Genevra and Andre are open to having some kind of A&S activity, it was discussed and agreed that it would be too late and too much…taking away from Equestrian and Rapier/Rattan Champs.

River War-Collin via email

·       I will be working tonight so I won’t be attending the meeting. 

·       Plans are moving forward for River Wars. The contract has been signed. I still need to fill certain positions on staff. Specifically archery, thrown weapon, rattan marshals as well as a children’s activity coordinator. I have spoken to people about these positions but am awaiting answers. Having backups in case I don’t get positive responses would be prudent. If anyone wants to fill these positions please let me know.

·       Our current rapier champ, my protégé, Morwill will be acting as my deputy event steward.  

·       Please email me if you have any questions 

New Zip Code-Katherine

·       JP wrote that he is okay with his zip code being switched. The next step is for the EK Seneschal to contact the Seneschals of Carillion and Iron Bog for approval.

New Business:

None tonight.

Motion made to adjourn and seconded.

Minutes submitted by Baroness Aibhilin inghean Ui Phaidin

Leave a Reply