3/9/21-Virtual Business Meeting

The Seneschal displayed and read the SCA’s policy on bullying and harassment.


·       No new changes from the Seneschal’s office. We are still closed for in-person events until May 31st. Nothing official has come out for what can happen on June 1st. Owynn anticipates that some type of small outdoor gatherings may end up being allowed at some point as more people get vaccinated. As far as River Wars goes, we will be looking at state, local, and SCA guidelines.

·       Declan saw The EK Marshal for Armored Combat put out the following local guidelines for New Jersey: Official full contact Armored Combat individual practices (No melees at this time.) are allowed with the following limitations. Indoor practices with no more than 10 participants and no spectators. Outdoor practices with no more than 25 participants and no spectators.

·       Owynn suspects that if River War happens it will be a smaller event with a limited number of people. We will wait to start planning until we have more definitive information on the SCA.

·       Needs to sign the Exchequer report.  

Baronial Seat-Aibhilin and Declan

·       Congratulations to Pixie and Fiadhnait on being inducted into the Order of Silver Wheel. Fiadhnait will be on Ethereal Court on 3/14, and Pixie will be on Ethereal Court in April.

·       Congratulations to Andre who was given a Writ for the Master of Defense. This will be in the 3/14 EK Ethereal Court.

·       On Saturday, 3/20 at Mudthaw Orlando and Charis will be invested as the new Baron and Baroness of Settmour Swamp.

·       We will host a Baronial Social instead of the Business meeting on Tuesday, 4/13 at 7:30. A meeting link will be posted to the email list and Facebook the day before.


·       The year-end report went in on time. Katya signed it, and Owynn will sign it tonight, and send it up.

·       They are still working on getting everything transitioned from Molly to Katya.


·       No report.

Knight Marshal-Sterling

·       The weather is starting to break and our world has a tiny glimmer of light. These words come on the tail end of Marshal for Armored Combat Sir Cedric of Armorica posted that here in New Jersey we can have full contact Armored Combat individual practice. No melee at this time. This is allowed with limitations on attendance.  The indoor practice with no more than 10 participants and no spectators. Outside practice with no more than 25 participants and no spectators.

·       Currently my idea is to start practice up as early as 14th depending on # of availability of people. Most likely the 3/21 weather permitted.

·       I will be doing mini challenges on the Iron Bog fighter practice page — I started with asking people to post their card expiration date.  I am hoping to have a game night with the focus of knowing the rules of the list.

·       I would like to plan for an informal tourney not tourney on June 5th. I have, and idea on how to limit the number of people — basically setting up a time schedule.

·       Will provide more info if needed

Fence Marshall-Taka

·       Congratulations to Andre on his writ.

·       Waiting for more clarification on outdoor practices. Taka is more inclined to wait and be cautious.

Company Captain of the Archers-Eoin

·       No report.

Mistress of the Lists- Sterling

·       Please check you auth cards and post on the Iron Bog Fighter group on Facebook..

·       I will be sending in my kingdom report tonight….

·       I have spoken with the Knight Marshal and He has an idea to throw a tourney not tourney on June 5th.

·       The idea is to do it per hour with time in between to change people out….

Mistress of A&S-Dru

·       No report.

Chatelaine: Alexis

·       Submitted quarterly report.

·       Someone from South Jersey Geekfest reached out to see if we would be participating. Told them that we are not able to join in due to SCA policy. We will let them know if anything changes.  

·       A new person named Joe joined Facebook, and reached out to Alexis. He is interested in fencing and archery.


·       No report.


·       No report.


·       Next issue due at the end of March.


·       Katya is adding new awards to the Barony’s history.

Chancellor of Youth-Fiadhnait

·       Nothing new to report.

Financial Committee

·       Nothing before the committee at this time.

Old business:

Aibhilin & Declan-

·       Declan will reach out to the 2 Deputy Heralds, and Owynn will put out a request for Letters of Intent for Baronial Herald.

·       Owynn will put out a request for Letters of Intent for Mistress of Arts & Sciences.


·       Has a message gone out to see if we could find a new Knight Marshal and MOL?

·       Owynn will put out a request for Letters of Intent for Knight Marshal and MOL.

River War-Sterling

·       How far out do we want to wait to plan anything?

·       We already know that a lot of people won’t attend.

New Business:

Sterling is interested in holding a Virtual event about Melee:

·       He is looking to hold it on 4/17 or 5/2.

·       Aibhilin shared how Sparkly and Shiny utilized one Zoom link with the Main room and with break out rooms: a different room for each classroom and a break room as Lounge/hang-out space. They had a main technical support/moderator person in the main room, and then each class had a support person/moderator to assist the teacher and attendees as well as to help monitor the chats for the teacher.

·       Sterling will put together a plan to submit for a quick approval.

Sterling presented an idea for a Sunday practice:

·       He is looking to hold a small competition with scheduled bouts/fight times to create safe fighter distancing.

·       It would be held at Cooper River Park on the island which is only accessible by footbridge which would also help to control attendees.

·       Aibhilin and Declan will email Sterling a Sunday that they could attend.

Minutes taken by Baroness Aibhilin inghean Ui Phaidin

Leave a Reply