3/14/23- Virtual Business Meeting Minutes

Baronial Seat-Aibhilin and Declan

·       We’d like to hold a Birthday Party get-together on 4/15. We reserved a 100 person pavilion at James Atkinson Park in Sewell-Gloucester County for $150.00 under Aibhilin’s name as a County Resident.

·       Discussed having an informal get together vs an official event. Katherine volunteered to serve as Event Steward, and everyone agreed to move forward as an official gathering/event that will be published on the EK Calendar, and thus a Baronial Court can be held. Scribal day will now be a part of the gathering. Based on the park rules, we would need special approval to have rapier and rattan there .


·       Chatelaine- Valery volunteered to be Chatelaine, and was voted in for a 2 year term.

·       Company Captain of Archers is open.

·       Knights Marshal- Sterling would like a replacement. Aibhilin asked if Elglin might be interested in the position.





Knight and Rapier Marshals-Sterling

·       Marshal report:  As of March 1st we will no longer be using the Archery place in Maple shade. It was a great stop gap but now “we” must begin the search for a new place to hold practice. With some Sundays having weather fitting to be out there is a great chance to just move back to the park.  Once the new site – day and time are worked out I shall post on the Facebook group — Iron Bog’s Fighter practice page.

·       Speaking of weather — Spring is around the corner — Southern Army Sunday’s are back. The dates are:

o   April 16

o   May 14

o   June 18

o   July 16

·       Starting at 12 – 5 with a 5.00 donation to help cover the cost of the site. The address is: 56 LaValley Dr, Manalapan, NJ, United States, New Jersey

·       On a different note please check with your heavy weapons fighters and ask if they happen to have armor in good to tiny repairs that they would be willing to donate for loan gear.  We do have some but sadly the repairs are greater than time and space to repair.

Company Captain of the Archers-vacant

Master of the Lists- Hiromasa

·       No changes. Will be going to mudthaw to watch the full grid scoring. Otherwise same as normal.

Mistress of A&S-Lorenzo and Katherine

·       Cook’s Guild moved to 3/12 at Andre and Genevra’s house






·       I think the internet is still working.

·       The website might even be accurate.





Chancellor of Youth-Fiadhnait


Financial Committee

·       Financial committee approved Collin’s River War bid.

Charter Committee

Disbanded until further need arises.

Old business:


·       Larry reached out to the Equestrian Champ liaison and answered her questions.

·       Do not have a lot of volunteers signed up yet. We need a dayboard cook. There is a $900 budget. Katya volunteered to cook.

·       Genevra suggested the Barony buy a large propane grill.

·       Need someone to organize the vigil area (there will be multiple vigils).

·       He has someone to run rapier and rattan tournaments. Hiromasa will talk to Ellesbeth about MOL for the rapier and rattan tournaments.

·       Diane is running Troll, and needs help in the morning. Larry needs help to set-up PayPal-Katya will set it up.

River War-Collin

·       Dru shared Collin’s event bid, which was voted on and approved.

·       Dru will post to the Seneschal’s list.

·       Collin is looking for dayboard and feast cooks.

Baronial Rapier and Rattan Champs

·       Discussed dates: April 15th (We don’t know if we could do it at the park), June 24th or 25th (the 24th is Return to Vineland Raids), July 8th or 9th.

New Business:


·       The organizer is expecting us. Aibhilin is the contact person. Genevra volunteered to organize it, and put out requests for volunteers. Wentlyana will put up a Google Spreadsheet.

·       Sterling suggested having scheduled rapier and rattan tournaments as a way to draw in fighters to attend and to get attendees to visit us. People liked the idea as long as we have Marshals. We can ask Ryan to add the tournaments to the schedule.

·       Genevra will reach out to Eglin and Juliana to see if they can come.

·       We should be able to have a table indoors if we have the people to volunteer. May take turns/shifts manning it. Diane said that she thought Lorenzo had said he might be interested.

Storage of Baronial Goods

·       We need to get all the Barony’s things from Creature’s, go through it, and pair it down. Creature would prefer having everything out by the end of March.

·       We need a new place to store it. Genevra and Andre offered their Attic if no one else can get it.

Motion made to adjourn and seconded.

Minutes submitted by Baroness Aibhilin inghean Ui Phaidin

Leave a Reply