2/14/23 Virtual Meeting Minutes

Baronial Seat-Aibhilin and Declan

·       We are very disappointed that we will not be able to hold the Baronial Birthday event. We have been looking forward to this event for 3 years. 

·       The Highnesses are looking for event bids for Crown Tourney on 5/6 preferably in the Southern Region.


·       The Chatelaine position will be voted on next month. Please send letters of intent to Dru.




·       There is nothing to report this month for the Office of Baronial Herald.

Knight Marshal/Rapier Marshal-Sterling

·       Short sweet … mother nature has been playing with us … but I am not fooled… We are still having practice at the Ultimate Archery place in Maple Shade. I am still posting polls on the Fighter page on social media (Facebook).

·       This month Feb. dates for practice are 21st and 28th.

·       Practice runs ‘ 6:30 – 9:30 — (Please note that if we break earlier the Iron Brewery is next door (burgers aren’t bad))

·       I ask if you are planning to attend please let me know… IF loaner armor is needed please reach out to me prior.  *** I do not travel with loaner gear normally**

·       Once again I do ask that if you have an interest in being a marshal reach out so we can get you started.

·       Note from other areas … Sir Tanaka will be doing a “Short Fu class” on Wednesdays starting in March.

·       If you have questions, thoughts, ideas please do not hesitate to reach out I will do my best to answer and or to steer you in a direction

Company Captain of the Archers-Vacant

Master of the Lists- Hiromasa

·       No changes since last month.

·       Side note I have put together a heavy weapons emergency kit to be kept with me at the MOL table from a discussion that was had at the Delaware Schola last month. 

·       For Fencers, what would you suggest be in a bag to be available in an emergency? I know some things are usable between both weapons. The only thing that was suggested was the bright electrical tape.

Mistress of A&S-Lorenzo and Katherine

·       Dancing – we had a great night of dancing, led by Master Arden.  We will be holding this again.

·       Cooks Guild – January’s Cooks Guild was held at Valery’s house.  We cancelled February due to the Super Bowl.  March is scheduled for March 12 at Gevera and Andre’s house.

·       Scribal – February’s scribal was held at Josh and Katherine’s.  We are going to try and schedule March’s scribal for a Sunday afternoon.

·       Fire Spinning!  There are still a few spots open for fire spinning at Kenneth Leap’s studio in Runnemede on Thursday, February 23.

·       We could use some other A&S if anyone would like to volunteer for the next few months.

·       Not really A&S, but – Bonus get together – We are scheduled to meet at Valenzano Winery on February 26 at 2:15 p.m


·       Nothing new to report.

·       As a reminder, my term for Chatelaine ends this month. Please send all letters of intent to Drueta.









Chancellor of Youth-Fiadhnait

·       I have nothing to report for my office.

Financial Committee


Charter Committee

Disbanded until further need arises.

Old business:

Baronial Birthday

·       Discussed other options and dates: a Sunday Commons at Cooper River Park-possibly in May or a Saturday at Namsa Farms-possibly 4/15. Declan and Aibhilin will start by reaching out to Dietrich and Serafina.

·       4/22-Bhakail is holding their event that weekend, 5/20-Buckland Cross is holding their Halfa event.


·       Baron Larry received word from Their Highnesses; the event bid is before the Exchequer Committee.

·       Email from Larry today:

This is a report on the current status of Investiture/EK Equestrian Champs.  The bid was submitted almost 3 weeks ago, and I still do not have confirmation from TRMs, TRHs or the Exchequer’s Committee to approve the event.  I have sent 3 e-mails asking if they needed any additional information to make a decision.  On Sunday night, I received an email from His Royal Highness saying that they are still considering the bid and he has asked the Exchequers Committee to get back with a decision as soon as possible.  Last week, I spoke to the event site coordinator, and she said the date is still being held for us, but we need to make a commitment soon.

Unless we receive confirmation from the EK Exchequer’s Committee, I do not want to Iron Bog to sign a contract with the event site.  If we are not getting the EK Equestrian Champs, I would like to find a new site with a kitchen and space for a possible feast.

Some of the positions for the event have been filled, but I am still looking for volunteers for lots of different positions.  If you are interested in working at the event, please send me an e-mail.


·       Let Valery know if you’re camping with Iron Bog

New Business:


·       Creature is likely moving to Arizona, and the things stored there will need to be moved elsewhere.

River War

·       Collin would like to run River War, and put a bid together. He asked Sterling to let the site know that we’d like to keep the date.

·       Email from Collin today:


I will not be at the meeting tonight, working, but as stated in my prior email the birthday event will not be happening. I will be putting together a bid for River Wars instead. Sir Sterling please let the site know we want to reserve the property for the event. Also if you can send me info on last year’s budget it would be very helpful. I will have my bid to the financial committee as soon as possible so we can vote on it next month. 

·       Sterling said that Jennifer from the site asked for our 501b information. He will send Dru an email from Jennifer with their new prices. Jennifer also said that the Obstacle people want to rent the site on Sunday, 9/24.

Baronial Rapier and Rattan Event-Genevra

·       Would like to start thinking about holding this event.

·       Discussed having it as a separate event from the Baronial Birthday.

·       Discussed aiming for either 7/8 or 7/9.

Motion made to adjourn and seconded.

Minutes submitted by Baroness Aibhilin inghean Ui Phaidin

Leave a Reply