**The Society’s Harassment and Bullying Statement was both posted and read at the beginning of the virtual meeting.
Baronial Seat-Aibhilin and Declan
- Thank you Baron Duncan for his daily contribution of videos to the Baronial Facebook group. He kindly sees that he finds videos that he knows will be of interest to a variety of us.
- There is a new group called the EK Regional Metalsmith Collaborative on Facebook which I (Aibhilin) is part of. There will be a virtual event on Saturday, 11/14 and Sunday, 11/15. Lissa and I will be teaching an Introduction to Glass Beadmaking class.
- There are groups around the Kingdom holding Virtual Events and there continue to be virtual A&S classes. Check out the EK Event Listing, EK online calendar, and MOAS webpage.
- Had to go to the EK Seneschal to see if tourneys could be held at practices.
- Katya’s exchequer warrant has not gone through yet.
- Not sure of the checking account balance, as she does not yet have access to it yet.
- No report.
- Welcome to the month of thrills and chills —
- In the thrilling department we the fighters are happy to hear the announcement that in some states we are allowed to have a contact practice. NJ happens to be one of them.
- The current set rules to be able to play:
- Outdoor practice
- You MUST wear a mask. While talking. While fighting. While teaching. While walking over to the group. Wear your mask. Wear it properly, so that it covers your nose and mouth.
- You MUST sign in. Even if you’re just coming to watch and socially distance socialize. We are asked to have a contact list of attendees in case an issue arises so everyone can be informed quickly and they can respond accordingly.
- If you have felt unwell in the past week, please do not attend. We trust you to make the safest choice for yourself and those around you.
- We did have a great sword class that many seem to have gotten a lot of.
- The Chills –
- Here it is the month of October weather is going to start getting colder and with things changing, I do not know if we will be allowed to play indoors or not so for now and as long as we can we will be in the park on Sunday.
- Speaking of the park — if there a standardized form that can be handed out to new people that already have contact information on it? Meaning the barony, kingdom, and general information about the SCA? I was thinking of putting one together but did not want to “reinvent the wheel”.
- Fencers, this is a park … there are lots of flatlands… If you decide you too would like to come out to play.
- Please send a message to me if you are coming out so I may give you direction to our location. And also so I have a headcount as I try to keep the numbers under control.
- Sterling asked the Chatelaine to email him the files of the brochures to give out to the Newcomers that have been coming up to him at practice. Genevra will send the files to Alexis and to Sterling and Katya.
- Although we can have can contact practice we’d need a place to hold it, someone willing to run it, and fencers who have a desire to attend an official practice.Company Captain of the Archers-Eoin
- No report.
Mistress of the Lists- Sterling
- It has been spooky quiet. The “Bats’ of paperwork have not flapped in quite some time. The witchy work has case a looming spell around. Check your cards – call your “MUMMY” and you stay “Count”-ed.
- With the slight bend on things, if you need a new auth, it is possible to make arrangements to get you taken care of.
- Other than that …. Trick or Treat – May your October be a hoooowwling good time…..
Mistress of A&S-Dru
- No report.
- Received an email from a couple who used to play. They have fencing gear and garb to donate. Declan and Aibhilin offered to add it to the fencing loaner gear, and gold key stored in their garage.
- Nothing new to report.
- The internet is still up and running.
- I have not sent out the Iron Monger yet. Life has gotten in the way.
- We have history.
Chancellor of Youth-Fiadhnait
- Absolutely nothing to report. No events, no children’s activities.
- And mundane life has been too busy for me to follow up on my initial plans of reading to children, etc.
- Nothing before the committee.
- No old business
- No new business
Motion made to adjourn and seconded.
Submitted by Baroness Aibhilin inghean Ui Phaidin