1/18/22 Virtual Business Meeting Minutes

The SCA Harassment and Bullying Policy was read by the Baronial Seneschal.

Baronial Seat-Aibhilin and Declan

·       A virtual Curia will be held on Sunday, 1/31 at 11:00am.

·       Coronation-the 2nd weekend in April in Staten Island.

·       Balfar’s Challenge is looking for a new site.

·       Mudthaw will be happening in March.


·       Officers- please email Dru when you took office.

·       If your position is up and you’re interested in continuing in your position, you can submit a letter of intent to Dru. If you cannot or do not want to continue in your position that is understandable.


·       We have money.

·       I’m going to ask Creature to get the bank statements for me. After I get the bank statements I’ll get the year-end report in on time.

·       I’m still waiting for the Kingdom Exchequer to get back to me about opening a new account so that the correct signatories will have access to the account.   


·       Would like to continue as Herald, and will submit a letter of intent.

Knight Marshal-Sterling

·       Since our last meeting back in December — There has not been much fighter practice at all. The indoor site that we could have used was going to cost too much when the pricing was looked at as aw hole. Broken down it would have been 150.00 per Sunday. I have found other places, but they too were not free.

·       The best price I found was 40 per hour (120. Per day).  With the ongoing issues finding a place to use for a practice site during the cold months has posed to be difficult. If someone in the Barony has time, resources, and energy to find a place affordable.  Preferences in the location close to the middle-ish of the Barony. Not too far from a major roadway. High-ish ceiling.

·       In other news as you know in the last two weeks all in person gatherings were placed on hold. In following with my previous words this made not having a place to practice a bit easier to deal with. However, this Sunday the 16th, I am looking to do a video gathering. A round table per say of talking anything fighter/fencing related. What my hope is for people to pop in and ask questions to help others get answers. Possibly give ideas – in short, talk shop….

·       Future events and big happenings as of Right now:

o   K&Q Rapier – 2/12

·       Just remember that a good way to fight the winter blues is to Pell work ….

Rapier Marshal-Taka

·       No report.

Company Captain of the Archers

Mistress of the Lists- Sterling

·       Nothing new to report….

·       Check your cards… check your friends’ cards… go find new people to come play so they too can have cards…

·       Heck take a moment and mail someone a card….

Mistress of A&S-Wentlyanna

·       Nothing new to report.


·       Nothing new to report.


·       Nothing to report.


·       Nothing to report.


·       The 2021 4th Quarter issue was published.


·       We have history.

Chancellor of Youth-Fiadhnait

·       I don’t have anything to report for Chancellor Minor, as there haven’t been any events that we have run and I haven’t had time to do any activities on my own.

·        I did not help with any children’s activities at Bhakail Yule as I was otherwise occupied. 

Financial Committee

·       Nothing before the committee

Charter Committee

Disbanded until further need arises.

Old business:

Indoor practice site:

·       The site Sterling was looking at ended up more expensive than planned.

·       Aibhilin will reach out to the Deptford Community Center.

·       Look into ceiling height and the type of floor

Baronial Birthday:

·       Looking like we’ll need to postpone it again…maybe next year for a Sweet 16.


·       Genevra was going to reach out to Julianna to get more information and the questions we had about possibly holding the event at the library in southern Burlington County.

River War:

·       Had meetings with the Seneschals and the Baronial Seats; got good feedback. Working on getting liaisons from each Barony.

·       Theme: Olympics.

·       There will chariots with the children and Hobby Horses

Giving of the Bird:

·       Discussed options: holding it virtually, doing it in-person in February, or waiting until spring or summer.

·       Holding it off for now.


·       Creature already signed up Iron Bog for its land.

·       Valery would like to be Camp Mommy.

New Business:

Valery’s Birthday

·       Valery is looking into holding a Birthday party for herself. Her birthday is Friday, 2/25.

A&S Sewing-Valery

·       Sometime after 2/14 Valery would like to open her home to A&S sewing gatherings.

·       Nefertiti will connect with Valery to plan something.

Motion made to adjourn and seconded.

Minutes submitted by Baroness Aibhilin inghean ui Phaidin.

Leave a Reply